Thursday, December 03, 2009

Pickwick Night...

A Dickensian night out in the local village of Whalley…



Hi Guys,

As I mention at this time of year on my Blog, tonight will see me once again attending the annual Pickwick evening in Whalley here in the UK, whereby all the folks in the local shops and lots of charity stands, dress up in traditional Dickensian costumes to sell their wares for charity. I have been going along with my Mum and Dad for a good number of years and I am happy to say my Mum is hopefully accompanying us again this year, after missing last time around due to her operation. I will of course be taking some photographs, weather permitting to share here in a couple of day’s time.

The Christmas lights and the aromas of spicy, mince pies, candyfloss, sweets, steak and onions, mulled wine and Christmas spices never ceases to fill ones senses with the many seasonal emotions, which accompanies this time of year.

As always, we’ll be making our yearly pilgrimage to the UK’s answer to the Griswold’s Family Christmas in the film “National Lampoon Christmas Vacation”, which is in fact where a mother and daughter (living next door to each other in semi-detached houses) completely decorate their houses, so that not one single inch of garden or house on either side of the fence is left uncovered by fairy lights and illuminated decorations of all manner of shapes and sizes. It must take months to set up!

Hopefully the weather will be just right so it will feel even more Christmassy.

As always, please don’t forget, if any of you guys are in the area, just look for Scrooge and a kindly lady and gentleman and stop my Mum and Dad and me to have a chat…

Just to remind you all, like every year, I am going to try to make it interesting for you, because if you find me, I’ll do you a free sketch on the spot, and I’ll give the money you would have spent to the charity usually supported by my brother, Chris and his wife, Julie on the night. If the weather is unfavourable I will take your details and ship the sketch out free of charge, but if, like I say, the weather is just right I will sketch for you at the event amongst the Christmassy goings-on!

Once again this year as an extra bonus if you see me and can give me the answer
to this quick question:

"What is the name of the "Mathemagician" in Worlds End?"

I will hand over a surprise early Christmas present and, if you are canny, there is clue somewhere in this very Blog, but remember you have to be canny.

So don’t be shy come over and have a chat and maybe we can have a mince pie and a glass of mulled wine together.

To help you once again in this endeavour, as always, I will be wearing my black Defiant Cap emblazoned with the Defiant Logo in white from my days working out in New York for Jim Shooter’s Defiant Comics.

Well here we are at T-minus 23 days and counting guys…

Please don’t forget to have a look at the
Wizards Keep Website for some special offers open throughout the season until the 1st of January, inclusively and also remember it is FREE shipping with every order over £100.00.

Hopefully I’ll get to see you tonight…

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…

December 3rd 2009

No comments: