Sunday, November 15, 2009

Worlds End Update…

The latest update on the forthcoming graphic novel series

Hi Guys,

I am very excited today, as Yelena, whom I have hired as my assistant has finished all of the flatting for the pages, which leaves me to continue working my way through the digital painting in Photoshop, alongside illustrating the colouring book.

I will miss receiving the pages from her, as it was always an exciting part of the day for me, when the files for downloading arrived.

I have spoken with her and she has, thankfully, agreed to continue to work with me on the Worlds End project (and hopefully my other future projects too) so we haven’t seen the last of her name at Wizards Keep.

I am now working almost exclusively on the graphic novel and have recently been working on the first pages, by over painting what I had done before. I have just finished working on a special magikal effect, on one of the new pages during the early hours of Friday morning, which Gweldar uses against a group of marauding Storm Serpents and I have to admit I am really happy with it.

The computer enables me to create oil-like SFX without the drying time, which is fantastic. I am having a great time doing this new painted work and cannot wait now to complete the project and see it in my hands for the first time, as printed books.

I have to admit that the more I look at Geek, the more I see Bentley in the little character, even though I designed and drew the pages, I am presently working on, before my little mate’s arrival a while back.

Here’s a teaser panel for you to see, no further pages for a while, until the book is almost finished.

Now for me it’s back to the computer to paint.

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…
November 15th 2009

2 comments:

jon haward said...

looks great tim :-)

Tim Perkins said...

Thanks, Jon.

Glad you like it.

There are some additional details in the final renderings.

Best,
Tim...
(''j)