Saturday, July 26, 2008

Jack Kirby Quarterly 15…

The new Quality Publication designed and edited by Chrissie Harper…

A short while ago now I spoke to Chrissie about maybe contributing to the next issue of Jack Kirby Quarterly or as it is most commonly referred to as JKQ, as I had heard about the forthcoming issue too late to submit anything. It was as a great surprise when Chrissie contacted me earlier this last week, asking if I would like to submit something as there was now a last minute space in the magazine?

Well suffice it to say I didn’t hesitate a second on that one. As regular readers and folks that know me well will know I am a great Kirby fan; his artwork was what initially attracted me enough to comics, back when I was around eight years old, into wanting to become a comic artist myself. It’s a great honour to be able to celebrate his wonderful work in print as well as here on my Blog.

The chosen subject matter for my piece is, “Toxl - The World Killer”, which in my honest opinion was, although only a short twelve page story, one of Jack’s finest pieces of work. The magazine sports some excellent Kirby artwork and some marvellous reviews and studies of his work by some fantastic folks and being included in there is a wonderful feeling for me.

The book is rammed full of all things Kirby and I for one can’t wait to get hold of copies to read it all.

Jack Kirby Quarterly 15 is out in August, so you haven’t long to wait.

Oh yes and 10% of proceeds from JKQ will go to Randolph Hoppe’s wonderful Jack Kirby Museum project, even more reason to buy a few copies.

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…

July 26th 2008

No comments: