Monday, April 23, 2007

Deadlines – Gotta love ‘em!

I’m back behind the drawing board and now Bristol’s coming up fast!

Hi Everyone,

Well the last couple of posts have been a little sad really, so I will try to be a little bit more upbeat with the next batch, although hopefully you have gotten the message that both Blogs regarding Marshall Rogers and Massimo Belardinelli were celebrations of their artwork and their lives in comics, rather than out and out obituaries.

As the Bristol Comic Expo gets ever nearer I am pressing on with the pencils for the “Worlds End” graphic novel. Lots of folks have been in contact with me regarding both the book and my attending the convention.

As I have said before this is my first convention appearance since the late nineties and I am really excited about attending along with my wife, Margaret.

I will have at least half the graphic novel finished at pencils for Bristol for those that have asked lately. I will be posting something here and on the Wizards Keep website sometime over the next few weeks. I should also have the turnarounds for the figurines ready to show at Bristol as well. It’s really great to be behind the board again at last!!!

Whilst working on “Worlds End” I have been listening to the new Marillion album “Somewhere Else”, Asia’s “Different Worlds – Live”, Ten’s “The Twilight Chronicles”, Magnum’s “The Classic Collection” double album, Hawkwind’s “Take me to your future”, and Yes’s “Going for the One” “Relayer” and “Drama”…so it really is like old times here at Prog Rock Central.

I have been doing a fair amount of networking too recently on MySpace and have heard some fantastic new music from bands I may otherwise never have heard. I have also met some really talented artists and all in all some really interesting and great folks.

My daughter Joanne has been telling me for ages now to get with it and sort out a MySpace site. Now her’s is all singing and dancing, whereas mine is nothing special as yet, although I will make it better once the deadlines have all been met…honest…
;))

I have some news regarding the Wizards Keep website too – the New “Hall of Fame” section is looking really cool and the present list is looking like this:

Folks on board up to press are:

Joe Sinnott
Mike Ploog
Barry Windsor Smith
Alfredo Alcala
Will Eisner
Frank Brunner
Bryan Talbot
Jon Haward
Joe James
David Pugh
David Lloyd
Alex Nino
Rudy Nebres
Nestor Redondo


With others still to reply to us at the website.

I also have some news to share with you all soon regarding a new upcoming project, which will have you all on the edge of your seats when you see who’s involved!!!

More than that I can’t say at the moment…

Well, my Blogs continue to be a little lightweight at the moment, whilst I crash on with the “Worlds End” graphic novel, so please if you enjoy reading this Blog accept my apologies as I have to concentrate on finishing off the pencils ASAP!

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…
April 23rd 2007

No comments: